In the 1950's, a surgical procedure for the brain called the frontal lobotomy became popular. The surgery separated the frontal lobe of a patient's brain and left patients without personality, dulled, and emotionally blunted.

As someone living in the rat-race city of New York, I was always afraid my environment was going to give me a lobotomy. So here's to preserving my frontal lobe...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

N Blox


3857. This is the number of games of N Blox I have played on Facebook. Assuming that each game was 2 minutes, I have spent 7714 minutes playing N blox. That's 128.5 hours. Assuming that a work day is 8 hours, that's about 16 straight days of work playing N Blox. Broken into work weeks, this is about 3 weeks and one day of playing N blox from 9 am - 5 pm straight.

Let's take a look inside the National Institute of Health's description of crack cocaine for a friendly comparison...





"Physical effects of cocaine use include constricted blood vessels, dilated pupils, and increased temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure."

Sounds like a game of N Blox.

" Some users of cocaine report feelings of restlessness, irritability, and anxiety. "

Check.

"Can result in a period of full-blown paranoid psychosis, in which the user loses touch with reality"

3 weeks of full time work equivalent to my playing time? I definitely broke up with reality.


So, folks at Stern: Stop playing N Blox. You can go outside and enjoy the sunny world, it's really much better than multicolored blocks and extreme anguish! I am hereby retiring from N Blox, and I couldn't be happier. You can do it too!

P.S.

"Attempts to stop using the drugs can fail simply because the resulting depression can be overwhelming"

Will update on my condition as the weeks pass...

4 comments:

Food Notes said...

oh my god... i can't believe you

andy jiang said...

lets do some lines before our nblox marathon, seng

kimmy said...

i gave it up like a month ago and I am ok! I definitely spend less time in Stern though..

andy jiang said...

yeah, kim! i haven't seen you in a while.

lets meet up at stevenson to do some lines and play nblox until our eyes bleed. i bet thats how kevin got so damn good.

:-)