In the 1950's, a surgical procedure for the brain called the frontal lobotomy became popular. The surgery separated the frontal lobe of a patient's brain and left patients without personality, dulled, and emotionally blunted.

As someone living in the rat-race city of New York, I was always afraid my environment was going to give me a lobotomy. So here's to preserving my frontal lobe...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fromage



This morning, I woke up with a hankering to see a movie. Lucky for me, Home, a film by Yann Arthus-Bertrand was playing for free in E. Village. The movie was composed entirely of aerial shots, and the images were astonishing, as you could probably imagine. Since I had just woken up, my mind was still in a sleepy state and the movie was a nice visual continuation of the dreams I had before.

Afterwards, I went to buy groceries and got this awesome lemon-infused cheese from the one and only East Village Cheese. (English White Stilton with Lemon, if you care). How I got a lb. of it for $3 in New York while it sells for $21/lb. online makes no sense, and is exactly why you should hit this place up.




No comments: