In the 1950's, a surgical procedure for the brain called the frontal lobotomy became popular. The surgery separated the frontal lobe of a patient's brain and left patients without personality, dulled, and emotionally blunted.

As someone living in the rat-race city of New York, I was always afraid my environment was going to give me a lobotomy. So here's to preserving my frontal lobe...

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Peter Jackson's other movies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people who know of Peter Jackson, know him as the director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, a movie built on a great story and beautiful images. In fact LOTR Fellowship of the Ring won Oscars in 2002 for Best Cinematography and Best Art Direction, cementing its place as one of the greatest, visually pleasing movies made.

But.

Not many know of Peter Jackson's early work. In 1992, Jackson's movie, Braindead debuted and its content was far from beautiful. In fact, I think my eyes got straight up assaulted after watching clips of this. So, enjoy!


No comments: